News & Announcements
|You are here: Home > Articles|
|Cargo Handling and Operation Assessment and Evaluation Program|
|Feb 22, 2021|
The Shipping industry depends on competent, well-trained seafarers to ensure safety of life at sea, maritime security, efficiency of navigation and protection and preservation of the marine environment.
In order to help and assist the Maritime Shipping Industry, Nautilus is now providing an assessment and evaluation program that will guide seafarers to their career advancement. The said program is applicable to deck officers particularly;
1. Deck Officers for Promotion
2. Newly Hired Deck Officers
3. Deck Officers Retention / Refresher
This program has the following key areas of evaluation:
1. Cargo Handling and stowage at the Operational level / Management Level
2. Controlling the Operation of the Ship
3. Safety aspects of Cargo Handling and Cargo Operations
The program provides a systematic basis for making inference about the learning and development of seafarer trainees in the above-mentioned areas. It is the process of assessment and performance evaluation to assess trainees learning and development in preparation to their future career advancement.